Nicknames, definition an invented name for somebody or something, used humorously or affectionately instead of the real name like baby, hun, honey, etc. Sometimes when used humorously though, it can be an inside joke between only a certain amount of people so in which case I find that people shouldn't necessarily use those nicknames unless you're around people who also understand your joke but might not be actually involved in such jokes. So when it's a joke be careful where and when you use it. But nicknames can se a shortening of a name or something that sounds like the person's name! Those are the kind of nicknames I use! Especially for my friends.
Such as...
Kayle=Kay, Kayl, Kaykay, Kaysey, Kase, and even Kayster!
Patrique=Pat, Patty, Patty Cakes, Bobby P, Peewie and sometimes Petee.
Mathew=Mat, Matty, Chew chew, and Matchew.
Natalie=Nat or Noodles.
And sometimes even a nickname can be as simple as their last name! I like using nicknames because if I know someone with the same exact name, I can distinguish them by using nicknames!
1 comments:
Since when have you called me "Chew Chew"? I've never heard you call me that before. Well I guess I gotta add that one to the list. :P
Post a Comment